(EDT, UTC-04) (EDT, UTC-04)
We're back ☺ Rhodeside Grill Open Mic Night hosted by Alex The Red Parez aka El Rojo Wednesday nights! Please do come join us once again Wednesday night, July 27th! DOWNSTAIRS!! Two signups at 7:30pm and 10:00pm!!
Featured at 10:00pm: Alex Parez Derek Evry!
"Alex The Red Parez aka El Rojo has been bringing acoustic rock (Americana, Classic Rock, Pop Rock and Old Time Country Western) to the Washington DC Metro Area since 2006. Whether performing original music or classic material, Alex’s voice is “reminiscent of Johnny Cash, though often sung with Jello Biafra’s inflection” (Matthew Stabley, NBCWashington.com) and “sounds like Nick Cave reinterpreting the early songbook of Bill Callahan” (The Big Easy - MetroMusicScence.com). “El Rojo” to his friends, Parez takes inspiration from epic troubadours and fantastic bands Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Johnny Cash, the Eagles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, the Rolling Stones, The Doors among many others as well as such current and former local artists John Bustine, Brandon Butler, Michael Maloney, Derek Evry, and Jason Mendelson.
In duo/ trio/quartet mode, Alex is flanked by several accomplished musicians including harmonica sideman Terry Boes, bassists Derek Evry, Miles Townes, or Jason Mendelson, and veteran drummer Dan Perriello who performs with several other local bands or the fantastic drummer, Joe Mori or Chris Martin. Alex has also performed with many other local musicians for various tribute shows."
Don't miss Alex Parez' and Derek Evry's 30 minute set immediately following the 2nd signup at 10:00pm!!
And open mic night is FREE, NO COVER! All ages til 10:00pm then 21+ after 10:00pm. See you all again this Wednesday!!!! Yay!!!! Can't wait!!!! 🙂
FYI here is what is provided:
- Two Mains
- Two QSC CP8 monitors (a third monitor if the feature is full band for drummer)
- Eight Channel Mixer
- Up to Five Vocal Mics, mic stands, XLR cables, etc
- Amplified House Cajon plus tambourine and salt n' pepper shakers (I'm happy to accompany you or if you prefer a band mate to join then they can use these)
- Two floor tuner pedals for two acoustic or electric guitars or bass guitar/up to four quarter inch cables/channel inputs
- I'm also happy to accompany you on my acoustic guitar and harmony vocals if I know the song you're performing
- Basic Yamaha Acoustic Guitar - no pick up, I'll put a mic in front it for you
- Basic House Electric Guitar, left handed though FYI, lefties come on out!! :-)
- I provide new sanitary mic covers for every performer
- House Music before and after and between acts, also provided by yours truly
- Full Stereo Sound for any electronic devices performers are using
Thank you all again, hope to see everybody July 27th!! :-) <3
All my love, always <3